Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

websites don't look the way they are supposed to

Greetings friends,

Here's my issue. Off late (for more than a month or so) I have noticed that a lot of websites that I have visited in the past stop loading after a certain period of interaction with them. For instance if I go to theverge.com and then hit a link of one of the articles. Finish reading that and hit back to go to the home page or even hit the logo to do the same, it will come up with 'Website not found' message. Then sometimes pages render like the screenshot below:User uploaded file

Can someone direct me as to what is causing such a behavior... Is there something I can do.

I have already done the following:

1. Reset Safari to original state by removing all website data except passwords and pinned pages;
  2. Have restarted my Mac after doing so;

it works fine on other browsers like Chrome and Firefox;

3. Mac is fully updated

Is there something else I can do to avoid such behavior on my Mac... It is not a case of lack of memory either, I have close to 170GB remaining on my 500GB hard drive. It is a MacBook Pro late 2010 model.

Please help! Thanks in advance...

Regards,

SiD...

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 9:41 PM

3 replies

Jul 13, 2014 9:53 PM in response to sidharthv

Just to rule out malware, run the malware removal tool here >> The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide

If not malware is found ...

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Then delete the cache.

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If nothing above helped, since, "it works fine on other browsers like Chrome and Firefox", troubleshoot Safari extensions.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

Jul 13, 2014 11:18 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

I am having the same issue with Safari not loading the pages properly- started today after the update to 10.9.4 and Safari 7.0.5 (9537.77.4). Pages either won't load and I just get a white background or I get partially loaded pages with Safari but they work fine with Firefox and Chrome. Safari doesn't even function properly on the Apple website- the home page doesn't load completely and in the forums, when clicking on Reply, nothing happens.

When I go to the Develop Menu and click on Show Error Console, some of the pages- Google.com for example- shows an error that the secure page https://www.google.com tried to load insecure content from http://www.googleapis.com... Similar message appears when I go to my bank website and other websites, some are showing (Apple for example) CSS and variable undefined errors.

Apple.com using Firefox 30.0

User uploaded file

Apple.com using Safari 7.0.5 (9537.77.4)

User uploaded file

Safari Error Console for Apple.com

User uploaded file

websites don't look the way they are supposed to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.