Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto on a locked disk. OS X version 10.9.4. Need to know how to repair

I am running an early 2013 macbook pro with the following specs:

-2.8GHz Intel core i7

-16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

-500 GB SSD

-OS X Mavericks version 10.9.4

-iPhoto version 9.5.1

iPhoto app is on a locked disk and I need assistance on repairing this problem. When clicking on the iPhoto icon the following appears:"The iPhoto Library is locked, on a locked disk, or you do not have permission to make changes to it. iPhoto can try to repair the permissions." I am given the option to repair or to quit the app. I click on repair and I am prompted to enter my admin. password to continue. After entering password, the same message appears saying the iPhoto library is locked.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 9:52 PM

6 replies

Jul 13, 2014 10:31 PM in response to Sierra4x4

Couple of things to try:

Restart your mac and try launch iPhoto again.

If that fails:

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Look there for a file called ‘iPhoto’Lock.data or similar. Drag it to the Desktop. Make no other changes. Start iPhoto. Does that help?

If not: Where is your iPhoto Library stored? If it's on an External Disk, what format is that?

iPhoto on a locked disk. OS X version 10.9.4. Need to know how to repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.