Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental Lock

Hello All,

I have an issue with the Apple TV3 parental lock.

I regularly import movies and TV shows into my iTunes library, and play them using Apple TV3. Having children, I'm vigilant about setting the viewer classification accordingly.

In Apple TV3 I have all restrictions set to PG, so anything (movie or TV) with a classification over PG, needs a pass code.

Imagine my surprise then when I realised that despite having set the meta tags for a TV show with classification R18+ (Australia), and having the parental lock set up in Apple TV3 as PG, Apple TV3 played this TV show without asking for the passcode! My children could potentially view this show very easily, which is unacceptable.

Further more, when I modified my TV show's meta tag from R18+ to M, MA15+ or AV15+, Apple TV3 DID ask for the passcode. Change the classification back to R18+ and Apple Tv3 failed to ask for the pass code.

Obviously my short term solution is to change the classification of my show to something other than R18+ - but if this is an Apple TV fault, which it appears to be, as the same symptom shows up on my Apple TV2 unit too, I think Apple needs to have a look at this pretty quickly!!

Has anybody else noticed this or know of a fix??

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 11:48 PM

1 reply

Parental Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.