Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FINDER NEVER WORKING!!!

finder is never responding on my other user. this al started after i deleted the tmp files from private/var.

i also had to unlock the files since it was connected to the user. THIS IS A SCHOOL MAC!!!

so if i go to I.T. i will be dead.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

computer:

MACBOOK 7, 1 late 2010

os x 10.6.8

2 users:

kdelapaz: PROBLEM

temporary: WORKING

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 10:59 PM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2014 11:01 PM in response to Khris2808

Khris2808 wrote:

finder is never responding on my other user. this al started after i deleted the tmp files from private/var.

i also had to unlock the files since it was connected to the user. THIS IS A SCHOOL MAC!!!

so if i go to I.T. i will be dead.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

computer:

MACBOOK 7, 1 late 2010

os x 10.6.8

2 users:

kdelapaz: PROBLEM

temporary: WORKING

Why did you feel you had to remove hidden system files?

Pete

Jul 13, 2014 11:46 PM in response to Khris2808

You would need to have full admin access and likely the install-restore DVDs, plus

any other software in use in the computer, to correctly repair the computer now...

So that would be a matter involving the IT persons who oversee these school macs.

These ASC discussions are primarily unstaffed by Apple, and the persons who may

reply are mostly volunteers who are just product owners and users, like most others

who visit here. The situation where your school is concerned, involved a hierarchy of

permitted user access, an admin who should also be in charge of upgrades, repairs

and other maintenance duties; and lesser access accounts and limited permissions.

As one of the latter, you would have to find a pleasant way to suggest to the Admin

that you may have somehow messed up the system in that computer, and if you

knew more about how to fix it (maybe they can help you learn, hands on?) that it

would never happen again... cross fingers, etc. & hope not to dye, jokingly of course.

The system install discs, access, and the ability to restore all other user accounts

is part of the risk in messing around in a multiple system Admin managed system.

Good luck! 😐

FINDER NEVER WORKING!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.