Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro mid 2010 model 15 inch keyboard issue

Hi everyone,my macbook pro mid 2010 model 15 inch wi MAC OS X 10.9.4 is giving me a whole lot of keyboard problems.Inbuilt keyboard doesn't work but external keyboards work.When i turn it on,it automatically starts up in firewire mode.Which i don't know why.when it gets to the entry of password,it automatically enters keys on its own...unless i clear them and enter my password..Lots of keys don't work in the OS but sometimes works with startup commands.i want to know if this is a hardware related problem or software.thank you guys

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 2:09 AM

7 replies

Jul 22, 2014 6:05 AM in response to jefriey

Remove everything from the external USB and other external buses, except that keyboard with its cable. Remove all external devices, external monitors, all hubs and all other cables.

Boot in Safe mode, and see if things work better while booted in that mode.

Then reboot normally, and — if the Safe-mode boot didn't resolve this misbehavior — load and run and post the output of Etrecheck here, and we'll see what add-on software is installed, and whether there might be anything suspect.

MacBook Pro mid 2010 model 15 inch keyboard issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.