Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I sync on old 3G iPhone to my new iMac even though it was originally set up on an HP computer that has since died. I want to retrieve the photos only.

Will I be able to retrieve photos on my old 3G iPhone that was originally synced to an old HP computer that has since died if I try to sync it to my new iMac? All I want to do is save the photos on the 3G iPhone.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 12:39 AM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 2:41 AM in response to honeypat

Are these photos in your camera roll or were they synced to your 3G? Makes a big difference. If in your camera roll, you can use either iPhoto or Image capture to import them to your Mac. If they were synced to your 3G, you'll have to use third-party software to extract them:

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

Apple makes no provision to extract synced photos from an iOS device. Bear in mind, they were reduced in resolution when synced to your phone, & there's no way to recover their full resolution.

Can I sync on old 3G iPhone to my new iMac even though it was originally set up on an HP computer that has since died. I want to retrieve the photos only.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.