Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I sync on old 3G iPhone to my new iMac even though it was originally set up on an HP computer that has since died. I want to retrieve the photos only.

My iPad has hundreds of pictures that I don't want to lose. The HP computer that I originally used to sync this iPad is now dead. I bought a new iMac last fall and have not tried to sync the iPad to the new iMac for fear I might lose all the pictures on the iPad. What is the proper procedure for syncing to a new computer when the old one has died?

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 12:44 AM

2 replies

Jul 14, 2014 1:36 AM in response to honeypat

See:

Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive: Apple Support Communities

Note that as discussed in the article for non-iTunes synced media like photos synced to the iPod you need a third-party program. For synced photos there are not that many and they are likely paid programs. PhoneView and TouchCopy are paid and I do not know if the free iFunBox works for synced photos

Can I sync on old 3G iPhone to my new iMac even though it was originally set up on an HP computer that has since died. I want to retrieve the photos only.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.