Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to keep itunes from correcting song information?

I like to organized my songs a certain way. For instance, I like to keep "Eye of the Tiger" under "Survivor" because that's who bloody did the song. But nooooooo. ITunes keeps "correcting" it to "Various Artists". It does that for a metric butt ton of songs. I have been told I can stop that by either getting rid of Windows Media Player or disallowing iTunes from retrieving information. Neither of these processes worked. I'm having to correct things multiple times a week and I'm getting computer-punch mad at this point. It's a horrible, horrible feature and I want to end it once and for all. How can I do that?

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 1:11 AM

5 replies

Jul 14, 2014 1:16 AM in response to DibbyDoo

In iTunes go to Edit > Preferences > Store and turn off

• Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases
  • Share details about your library with Apple

On any iOS device go to Settings > Music and turn off

Show All Music

Close and reopen iTunes and/or reset the device and you should see your version of the metadata for each track rather than the original store data.

Otherwise this may be some new undocumented and hopefully unintentional behaviour from iTunes. See this parallel thread: Track Info Constantly Changing.

tt2

Jul 14, 2014 1:36 AM in response to DibbyDoo

Probably not. For anything downloaded to your library iTunes should show your version of the metadata but it would seem that sometimes it "decides" to read the store version first. For stuff that isn't held locally you will always get the store metadata. You may find that having restored the correct data you can enable iTunes in the Cloud again, but there is a danger that you'll have to go through the same steps every now and then.

tt2

How to keep itunes from correcting song information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.