Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting Imovie to MP4 for a webmaster on a PC

I recently made a little film on Imovie for use on a website. The webmaster of the site uses a PC and I supplied a disc with the film saved as an MP4 version as requested. However, they have had problems not experienced before apparently! It doesn't play properly after uploading to their site. I am not sure what software they use, but its supposed to stream as it goes along and all their other videos do this fine. Just not mine 😟. There are lots of topics on converting from Mac to PC but most are about playing back on a PC, not supplying something that the webmaster will be happy with. Any help appreciated...

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 3:27 AM

JoExmouth wrote:

... The webmaster of the site uses a PC and I supplied a disc with the film saved as an MP4 version as requested. ... It doesn't play properly after uploading to their site. ...

Hard to tell from remote ... it's a long chain of processes involved which all could get wrong.

From the beginning:

you exported from within iMovie as ... ?

due to, iMovie doesn't deliver 'mp4', how did you 'convert' it?

Perhaps following advice in this User Tipp?

How to create a video for playback with Windows/XBox/PS3/… etc?

(any chance to post a link to that website?)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2014 3:27 AM in response to JoExmouth

JoExmouth wrote:

... The webmaster of the site uses a PC and I supplied a disc with the film saved as an MP4 version as requested. ... It doesn't play properly after uploading to their site. ...

Hard to tell from remote ... it's a long chain of processes involved which all could get wrong.

From the beginning:

you exported from within iMovie as ... ?

due to, iMovie doesn't deliver 'mp4', how did you 'convert' it?

Perhaps following advice in this User Tipp?

How to create a video for playback with Windows/XBox/PS3/… etc?

(any chance to post a link to that website?)

Converting Imovie to MP4 for a webmaster on a PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.