Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which one is best for me?

Hi everyone, forgive my terrible question - I'm new here! 🙂

I currently own a Windows Desktop which I use for gaming, DPP etc. but as I'm going to college I need a decent laptop to use whilst on campus and on the move (trains) to do coursework etc. and I've always wanted a MAC. So, I decided "Why not?"

I just can't decide between the

MD101B/A

(13" NON-Retina - 500GB HDD)

or the

ME864B/A

(13" Retina - 128GB SSD)

(I'd be kicking myself for not getting a retina display - it looks so good on my iPhone!)

I was wondering, from other MAC users, whether the 128GB can be upgraded? Or if not, is it still a substantial amount?

Regards,

Jack

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 1:30 AM

3 replies

Jul 14, 2014 3:31 AM in response to jlspctech

Since, at present, and possibly even into the future, you cannot upgrade the storage space on a Retina machine, you'd be better off upgrading the storage space beyond 128GB. That's an awfully low amount of space. If you go with the Retina machine, I would make certain to get at least 256GB of storage space and at least 8GB of RAM.

Just my opinion...

Clinton

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS Mavericks 10.9.4, 16GB Crucial RAM, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, 27” Apple Thunderbolt Display

Which one is best for me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.