Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My pictures are not printing well--how do you do a proper color calibration say for--Costco

My pictures are not printing well--how do you do a proper color calibration say for--Costco, Target and other companies? They lack color and are too dark, but on my Retina OSX 10.9.4, they look dreamy!

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 2:15 AM

3 replies

Jul 14, 2014 2:51 AM in response to CarrieSHOOT! LLC

Do you mean offset printing or printing on an ink-jet photo printer? If the former, you need to calibrate your screen (I use a DataColor Spyder4Elite) for working in CMYK mode (I'm assuming that you are converting to CMYK if you're printing on an offset press?). It's not hard to achieve if you've the proper tools.

Clinton

Jul 14, 2014 2:58 AM in response to CarrieSHOOT! LLC

I just realized that you may not mean pro photography, after all, but rather getting photos printed on photo paper at those various locations. As those types of large scale printers are going to be different than your normal inkjet desktop printer, the only thing that I can say, again, is to calibrate your screen for best RGB mode, not CMYK! You may even ask one of those companies if they have a printer profile that they can provide you.

Sorry for misunderstanding (I think!) your question!

Clinton

Jul 14, 2014 7:58 PM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Hi Clinton,

Firstly thank you for replying to my plight. I just use Costco, Target. They all come back rather dark, or on the brown grey side especially Costco. I will try to ask these companies for their color profile, but then what do I do with it once I have it? I am not computer literate, so you would have to explain in English for sure. I do not use a printer for printing--only commercial places. I loved Apple printing, but sometimes they take a little too long turn around time so I use Ritz Pics (which I have little trouble with their pictures).

Thank you so much for your help!!!!!

Carrie Kahus

My pictures are not printing well--how do you do a proper color calibration say for--Costco

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.