Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1.2 and no text messages on honda 2014 accord ex

i spoke with honda's handsfree support. They say apple is blocking text messages on the 2014 accord ex since the release of IOS 7.1.2. I just purchased my car 7/4/2014.

Honda is blaming Apple.

Anyone else have any ideas? I have enabled / paired/ disabled my iPhone 5 numerous times. Their "trump" car was turning on show notifications.

I have my restrictions disabled.

Apple needs to fix this or thousands of new honda customer's are going to be unable to use their phones in their cars to do anything other than make phone calls, and expecting iPhone customer's to buy new cars is unrealistic.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 2:11 AM

4 replies

Jul 14, 2014 2:35 AM in response to bettyboopjovi

Then why do they bother printing a spec sheet that states that they do not support SMS (this sheet existed before 7.1.2). Could they see the future?

You got quickly shooed away with a story so your dealer didn't have to 'deal' with you.

As for it working before read the post below.

User uploaded file

Note that Honda told this poster the exact same thing that they told you, but this was a year ago and with IOS6.1.4

Go tell your dealer that you do not appreciate being treated like a fool.

iOS 7.1.2 and no text messages on honda 2014 accord ex

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.