Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to hide addresses in group

When sending to a group, mail shows all addresses, even though I have unchecked the relevant box in mail preferences. This seems to be a recent problem since last update. Any suggestions as to how I might remedy it? Thanks

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 2:42 AM

2 replies

Jul 21, 2014 9:48 AM in response to piulondon

I can confirm your report of a different behavior from earlier versions. However, I am uncertain of the full changes. For example, if I create a new group in Addressbook on a Mac with Mavericks, and then use that group in Mail on my older MP with Lion, then attempting to send to that group without expanding to show all its addresses will result in failure and a warning message that no recipient is specified. Yet groups created earlier in Lion will still send as before in Lion.

Furthermore, when I created a new Group in the contacts in Lion, that Group was never picked up in Mavericks on my other Macs. But the new group created in Mavericks is seen in Lion, but just requires expansion to show all name to then send.

More investigation required, but I am suspicious that more is involved.

Ernie

unable to hide addresses in group

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.