Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway of stopping Safari web page from jumping to top of the page.

I have an Apple macbook pro and am getting very frustrated with the Safari search engine. The problem is, that when returning to the original safari page (after clicking on a link) the page always jumps back to the top and I have to keep scrolling down to find the place where I was before clicking on the link. Is anybody else experiencing this problem? Does anybody know how to stop this from happening, or is this an inherent Apple software glitch that needs sorting? I find it so frustrating.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 3:23 AM

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If nothing above helped, troubleshoot Safari extensions.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2014 3:23 AM in response to michelefromuk

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If nothing above helped, troubleshoot Safari extensions.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

Is there anyway of stopping Safari web page from jumping to top of the page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.