Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4g network not working in romania. iphone 5 bought in the US

The 4G network does not seem to work on my iphone 5 in my home country, Romania, on the Orange network service provider. I also contacted them for tech support and they told me the problem should be rooted within the phone. The operating system version is iOS 7.1.2, modem firmware 6.02.00. The phone was bought in the US, carrier was T-Mobile, LTE worked fine.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 3:21 AM

7 replies

Jul 14, 2014 3:59 AM in response to cephorg

God **** it... well, thanks for the help. I know it might be a stupid question, but do you think they'll change it for a A1429 model (the one that is compatible with the local 4G network) if I bring it to them? That is if I bring it to a local reseller, because there is no official Apple store in the country.

Jul 14, 2014 4:17 AM in response to cephorg

cephorg wrote:

God **** it... well, thanks for the help. I know it might be a stupid question, but do you think they'll change it for a A1429 model (the one that is compatible with the local 4G network) if I bring it to them? That is if I bring it to a local reseller, because there is no official Apple store in the country.

No. "they" won't "change it for a A1429 model". You could always sell it and buy a different phone.

4g network not working in romania. iphone 5 bought in the US

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.