Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've forgotten my keychain login password; any ways to reset or recover it?

Since upgrading my macbook to OS 10.9.3 I am asked for my keychain login a squillion X a day! Thought I'd written the password down but it's not recognised when I enter it. I now have to press cancel to this request thousands of times every time I open fresh webpages/documents... It's driving me nuts! Please help me to reset the keychain login, or override it? Thank. PS I am not at all "techie" so plain English would be v helpful :O)

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 4:23 AM

Is this what you are seeing? OS X Mavericks v10.9.1: Repeated prompts to unlock "Local Items" keychain

If not, try Keychain First Aid in the Keychain Access program. It may or may not help.

You can also reset the keychain Keychain Access. There is no way to recover its password. There is no way to recover the stored passwords if you reset the keychain.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2014 4:23 AM in response to Ennbe

Is this what you are seeing? OS X Mavericks v10.9.1: Repeated prompts to unlock "Local Items" keychain

If not, try Keychain First Aid in the Keychain Access program. It may or may not help.

You can also reset the keychain Keychain Access. There is no way to recover its password. There is no way to recover the stored passwords if you reset the keychain.

I've forgotten my keychain login password; any ways to reset or recover it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.