Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lots of problems with Macbook Pro

I am having just problem after problem with my MBP. My safari doesn't work and cant find anyway to fix it, iPhoto doesn't work, I cant open text documents, click and drag doesn't work, cut and paste wont work. It is just problem after problem and I can not figure out anyway to fix them. I am a college student and do not have the money to buy a new one or even the CD to just reboot my MBP to like new condition. It is a 15" late 2008 model and if anyone has any advice or is willing to send me a copy of the correct OS for this setup I would be forever indebted to you. Thanks for any advice or help.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 3:13 AM

You need to call Apple directly and order the machine-specific discs that came with your model. Cost will be around $20USD. Be sure and have your serial number handy when you call.

I doubt that any other owners would be willing to give up their discs, and copying the discs would be illegal! You can't go wrong at $20 or so...

Clinton

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2014 3:13 AM in response to Blgrnt1

You need to call Apple directly and order the machine-specific discs that came with your model. Cost will be around $20USD. Be sure and have your serial number handy when you call.

I doubt that any other owners would be willing to give up their discs, and copying the discs would be illegal! You can't go wrong at $20 or so...

Clinton

Jul 15, 2014 5:00 PM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Okay, thank you for your response Clinton. I am hoping and guessing just a complete wipe of the hard drive will get it back into somewhat decent working order. I understand it is time to get a newer one but at this point and time its not gonna happen. I had a 2013 15in brand new sitting in my hands the other day, guy only wanted $200 for it so I passed on it. There is obviously a reason its so cheap... stolen, and I don't want to have anything to do with that.

Lots of problems with Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.