Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my apple id on my mac, but now I can't change it on my iPhone. I know I need to sign out of iCloud, find my phone, etc. but it won't let me sign out with my old or new password.

I changed my apple id on my mac, but now I can't change it on my iPhone. I know I need to sign out of iCloud, find my phone, etc. but it won't let me sign out with my old or new password. My old apple id is still there.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 4:20 AM

3 replies

Oct 3, 2014 6:44 AM in response to cdardis

I am having the exact some issue. I needed to change my email due to a virus and so I changed my apple id on my mac but on my iPhone it still uses my old account and will not let me sign out as it needs the password for the old account. I believe that as soon as you change your apple id it deletes your old one so you can't recover the old password to sign out. Not sure on the solution yet but I will reply when I do!!! 🙂

I changed my apple id on my mac, but now I can't change it on my iPhone. I know I need to sign out of iCloud, find my phone, etc. but it won't let me sign out with my old or new password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.