Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

confusion between a library and an object

Hello,

I probably did a mistake by transforming a project into a library which I named the same way as the project. When I select the library in the file inspector, I get all my files there, but in the project ( which is now as child folder in this library ) all my keywords and events' name are there but when I click on one of them, the media won't show and the following message appears: "No element matching with the current filter".

I feel I have made a big mess and would like to delete this library and restore the project as such within another library

WHO can help ? Thanks

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 4:08 AM

What exactly did you do? Did you move files and folders pertaining to this library using the Finder?

You should not mess with the innards of libraries in the Finder unless you know exactly what you doing (and even there probably is a better way using FCP X).

You need to give more detailed information. FWIW, there is intrinsic problem with naming a project the same as the library containing it - by which I mean you are not going to get the application "confused" with it.

Please post a screenshot of what you see in FCP X. Also, and most important: make sure that there is no text (not even spaces!) entered in the search box at the top right of the browser, and the top left reads "All Clips" and not something else.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2014 4:08 AM in response to jeanmich

What exactly did you do? Did you move files and folders pertaining to this library using the Finder?

You should not mess with the innards of libraries in the Finder unless you know exactly what you doing (and even there probably is a better way using FCP X).

You need to give more detailed information. FWIW, there is intrinsic problem with naming a project the same as the library containing it - by which I mean you are not going to get the application "confused" with it.

Please post a screenshot of what you see in FCP X. Also, and most important: make sure that there is no text (not even spaces!) entered in the search box at the top right of the browser, and the top left reads "All Clips" and not something else.

Jul 14, 2014 4:10 AM in response to jeanmich

jeanmich wrote:

Hello,

I probably did a mistake by transforming a project into a library which I named the same way as the project.

Please explain what you mean by transform.

In 10.1 and later versions, projects live in events and events live in libraries. Was this project created in an earlier version than 10.1?

Also, it would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of your Library pane and event browser with that library open.

Russ

Jul 14, 2014 4:42 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your help. In fact, the library in question is stored on my external HD, I copied the project (child folder of the library) via the finder back into the Video Folder of my mac in another library. Now the problem seems solved as the I took the project out of the library. You where right in suggesting I had a word in the search window which prevented the events from showing. I guess, I can just delete my (probably corrupted ?) library ?

How can I make a screenshot ? I think it might be helpful to sort this situation out anyway

confusion between a library and an object

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.