Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want the old version of iPhoto back

I have been a MacBook Air user. I use to love this and has purchased another one in 2012 (version 2012) - OS X 10.9.4 (13E28). Can someone show my how to undo the latest update? Now I can no longer put captions and add frame style on my photos! IS APPLE GOING BACKWARDS? THEY GIVE YOU ALL THE GOOD THINGS IN THE BEGINNING!!

Why can't I keep the old version of iPhoto? I am so disappointed with Maverick in view of (iMovie - can't burn) and the iPhoto - it has taken away the fun in producing photos and movies. I AM NOW LOSING MY TRUST AND LOOKING AT MOVING TO SAMSUNG OR OTHER OUT THERE.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 3:20 AM

3 replies

Jul 14, 2014 9:57 AM in response to maIsabel

Just wait. When Yosemite comes out and includes the new Photos application we may get out keywords back. At least I'm hoping so.

In the meantime you'll have to regress back to iPhoto 8.1.2 (09) and Mt. Lion.

Or with iPhoto 9.5.1 an easy way to see which keywords are assigned to a photo is select that photo's thumbnail and type Command + K to bring up the Keyword pane for iPhoto. All keywords shown in blue are those assigned to that photo:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

i want the old version of iPhoto back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.