Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keychain wifi passwords stored ?

I have iCloud keychain enabled ! And as far as i know it stores all the wifi passwords i have connect ! But cause i had a problem i move on to the network factory settings restore and all the setting , passwords of wifi networks etc erased ! How can i restore passwords from Keychain ? I close it from settings keychain and enable it ! But nothing happened !!!

Question 1 : How can i restore my passwords !!??

Question 2 : How can i understand if keychain stores my passwords so i don't lose them again ..?

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 3:43 AM

13 replies

Jul 14, 2014 10:10 AM in response to agipaok

Yes, actually it does:

How do I set up iCloud Keychain on a new device if I don't have one of my other devices to approve from?

If you don't have access to any of your other devices that are using iCloud Keychain, you can still set up iCloud Keychain on another device if you have these items:

• Your iCloud Security Code
  • The device that is using the SMS-capable phone number you provided when you first set up iCloud Keychain. A verification code is sent via SMS to this phone number. If you don't have access to this number, contact Apple Support, who can verify your identity so that you can complete setup on your new device.

If you have these items, follow the iCloud Keychain setup steps documented above. Your iCloud Keychain will then be pushed from the cloud to the new device.

Jul 15, 2014 1:02 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

But i activate to my iPhone keychain from my iPad and no wifi password was pushed to my iPhone ...! And keychain is enabled to all my devices...!

How does keychain works ? Like for example contacts ? when enable contacts appear all contacts with a nice cloud syncing ? or the keychain works only when i plug my iPhone in my mac and sync it ????

Jul 15, 2014 8:31 AM in response to agipaok

Keychain is only for storing information that would be used within Safari (usernames and passwords, credit card info. Based on what you are describing, it would appear that the info is not being synced and will need to be reentered.

Contacts and other apps such as Notes and iWorks apps data is handled through iCloud (not Keychain). On any device you wish to sync across all iOS and OS X devices, make sure iCloud is turned on for the devices (in iOS: Settings app > iCloud). You must be signed in with the same AppleID on all devices.

Feb 17, 2015 3:23 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

No, sorry Kilgore-Trout, but it does indeed have to do with iCloud Keychain. Without iCloud Keychain you absolutely need to re-enter wifi passwords. From Apple's official support article:

"What is iCloud Keychain?

iCloud Keychain keeps your Safari website usernames and passwords, credit card information, and Wi-Fi network information up to date across all of your approved devices that are using iOS 7.0.3 or later or OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later."

keychain wifi passwords stored ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.