Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any way to stop being logged out of the forums every 10 minutes?

Since the recent alteration of the forum, I keep getting logged out. Is there any way to increase the time or keep me logged in at all?

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 4:27 AM

I'm afraid not. Volunteers have to do the same thing 😟

6 replies

Jul 14, 2014 5:34 AM in response to benwiggy

ben...........

Not in Safari, The timeout length is ±30 minutes. I found that it is particularly annoying when composing a post, as it will not Post when logged out in the middle of composition.

I use Firefox and a FF add-on called "Reload Every" - applied to a tab or window, I set it to 'Custom' 20 minutes. You must apply it every time you start FF (from the 'context' menu (ctrl+click). Note that the Tab or window needs to remain open at all times (could hide it in the Dock) for it to work. I haven't been logged out since adding it to FF

The very good reason for the login timeout is that some people use their devices in very public places - school, work, coffee shop, etc. - and may walk away from it (particularly a desktop) for a period 😊 Because AppleID is used in the iStore(s), being logged in may become a security risk,

NOTE: There is also a time limit to be able to Edit your post. That seems to be ±15 minutes

CCC

Any way to stop being logged out of the forums every 10 minutes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.