Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Customised Early-2014 MBA showing Mid-2013

Hey everyone,

I've been reading multiple posts about this issue and want to clarify some things.

I bought the 13" Early-2014 MBA less than 2 weeks ago but the ‘about this mac’ says Mid-2013. It's core i7 and has an 8GB ram.

My PART number also says, /A, which according to How to identify your MacBook Air refers to the Mid-2013 model

Are there i7 RAM 8GB MBA that say Early-2014 which has /B part number AT ALL?

Some people say that it doesn’t matter because the specifications for i7 are the same in both years. However, I saw a post talking about possible differences(minor) in the logic boards for MBAs identified mid-2013 and early 2014 which could have effects later on meaning that despite same core i7+RAM specifications, there may be other internal differences.

3. I heard that the Mid-2014 one has faster wifi, is this true? If it is then I will definitely return my laptop.

4. The bottom side of my 2014MBA also says copyrighted ‘2013’ while the one I bought in 2012 says ‘2012’ meaning that the year written at the back indicates when it’s manufactured. Does this mean my laptop is actually manufactured in 2013? (I checked on various sites including chipmunk using my serial and some say manufactured 2014 but some says 2013)

5. Since I got both MID-2013 identification + /A instead of /B + Got 2013 printed on my MBA’s underside, is this conclusive that many of my parts were from the 2013 batch? And I should return it? 😟

If there are inconsistencies in model identification then I guess there HAS to be some internal differences between the laptops right? The mistake can’t just be ‘random’ right? 😟

Thanks so much!!!!

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 6:32 AM

3 replies

Customised Early-2014 MBA showing Mid-2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.