Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find my ipod registration date

My ipod 4th generation is covered by insurance but they need an Apple registration date. I've put the serial number into the website & as it is more than 1 year old it's giving me limited information. How can I get an exact date from Apple?

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 5:10 AM

10 replies

Jul 14, 2014 6:41 AM in response to Ndanger

Hey Ndanger, You bought your iPod from a "high street store"-- What's a high street store? Was it an Apple store or some other retailer or a pawn shop? And just to be clear you did not register your iPod at time of purchase, correct? And you did not save the receipt?!? If not an Apple store, and you did not register and you do not have a receipt your S.O.L.! But... Your not dead yet. Have you tried going back to the high street store and ask in person for a copy of the receipt? If you know the date and it was recent they may be willing to print you a copy or at least give you some prove of purchase. It's a long shot, but what do you have to loose. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Jul 14, 2014 6:50 AM in response to Ndanger

apple does not keeps receipts from retailers. Your best option is to fo to the store where you bought it and ask them for a copy of your receipt. They just need to run your credit card in their machine to search for your pur hase in them. Your billing statement from the credit card company is another option. If you pay in cash, that will be a big problem if you dont have a receipt.

How can I find my ipod registration date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.