Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet sharing via Bluetooth

Dear all,

maybe it is just a stupid question, but may I share my MacBook Pro Wi-Fi internet connection with my iPhone 4S via Bluetooth? I explain you my problem. I am guest at a research center in the Netherlands and I have an account which allows me to connect only one device to the network. I would like to connect my iPhone as well using my MacBook Pro as a Bluetooth hotspot. Is that possible?

Thanks

Best regards

Raffaele

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 6:12 AM

I believe that is possible through tethering the phone (via Bluetooth) to the computer. However, I have not done that but there are articles on this web site about the process.

Barry

10 replies

Jul 14, 2014 6:50 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Thanks Barry

But unfortunately it seems that the personal hotspot option in this case is used to allow the MacBook to share the phone's connection. I would like to know if the reverse is possible.

Rafa

Jul 14, 2014 8:53 AM in response to Linc Davis

Many thanks. Actually the problem is this: I know how to share the connection, but I am not sure if the iPhone is able to connect to the MacBook and use its connection. After pairing the devices, I try to connect the iPhone to the MacBook and always get an error message: "Network not available".

Rafa

Internet sharing via Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.