Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport software misses Airport Extreme

I have an Airport Extreme (2008) and a second Airport Espress (2008) to broad the wifi network.

When the Extreme was connected to a cable-modem, all was OK.

But now, i have it connected in bridge mode to another router, and the Airport software can´t see the Airport Extreme and read its settings. The software only can see the secondary Airport Express.

How i can see the principal (primary) Airport Extreme?

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 4:59 AM

5 replies

Jul 15, 2014 1:15 PM in response to jarodrig

With your configuration you could configure all of the routers for a hybrid extended/roaming network.

You have a few choices. It will depend on, whether or not, you want a single Wi-Fi network or multiple ones.

I would recommend a "single" one. With that you would leave the AirPort Extreme connected to the Netgear router by Ethernet. The Extreme would need to be reconfigured as a bridge. Both the Netgear and Extreme routers would broadcast a Wi-Fi network, but both would use the same network name (aka SSID) and use the same wireless security type & password. You would then use the Express to extend this network.

Jul 15, 2014 2:14 PM in response to Tesserax

Thank you, but I have already the configuration that you explain in your post. My problem is with the AirPort software, i can see the Express which extend the network, but i don't see the Extreme Airport that creates it ( and i have access to the internet through it):

Express (extend the network and visible) -> wireless -> Extreme (create the wifi network, but invisible) -> ethernet cable -> Netgear cable-modem -> Internet

Airport software misses Airport Extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.