Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP mid-2010 no longer charging. Help!

Hi there.

I have a MBP (mid 2010) that is 46 months old. About 12 months ago (when I still had Apple Care) I had my battery replaced. Since then...no problems.

A few months ago, my battery would not charge. I diagnosed it as a charger problem, and buying a replacement fixed that.

Now... my MBP is not charging again. My charger is a little damaged, so I replaced that. No difference.

I figured maybe it is a battery issue (I had a Service Battery report at about 76% health) so I replaced that. New battery is in, but it still will not charge.

I have performed a SMC reset more than once.

Anyone able to shed some light on this? I know my MBP is old, but it is an upgraded powerhouse (SSD, 16GB RAM) that I am sentimental about and I don't really want to replace it just yet.

TLDR: My laptop will not charge.

What I have tried:

New charger

New battery

SMC reset

My suspicions:

Damaged MagSafe port (not sure...my charger connected to it fine in the past even though one of the pins is slightly out of alignment).

Internal MagSafe issue

Something else...

Please help!

Going to try disconnecting and reconnecting the magsafe port to the motherboard. Will see if that does anything.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 5:02 AM

There are no replies.

MBP mid-2010 no longer charging. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.