Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re my Mac OS X version 10.6.8, iphoto '09 version 8.1.2 : 1. Is it possible to change title position of photo? I have tried to put a different photo on the title of slideshow, but it keeps reverting back to old photo. The new photo appea

Two questions re: my Mac OS X version 10.6.8, iphoto '09 version 8.1.2 :

1. Is it possible to change title position of photo in a chosen format? I have tried to put a different photo on the title of slideshow, but it keeps reverting back to old photo. The new photo appears in different slideshow formats (Ken Burns, etc...), but not in the original format (Scrapbook) I want.

2. When I burn the slideshow to DVD, my entire photo library/events burn, as well, even tho I highlighted one ONE event. Is it possible to burn only the one highlighted event? I have ruined several DVDs in the process.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 6:19 AM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 10:11 AM in response to Dhd5

Are you creating the slideshow directly from an album or from the slideshow mode? It sounds like you're trying to create the slideshow from an event of photos. Try selecting the photos in that event and creating an album with just those photos in it. Next select the album and click on the Slideshow button at the bottom.

User uploaded file

Now when you select the Scrapbook theme you can move any photo you'd like to the beginning of the thumbnail tray at the top and it will remain there for the slideshow and title slide.

When done select the slideshow (configure it to the 4:3 iDVD aspect ratio) in the left hand pane of iPhoto and use the Share ➙ Send to iDVD menu option. In iDVD select a theme and make sure all is as you want it. Then follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

User uploaded file

Re my Mac OS X version 10.6.8, iphoto '09 version 8.1.2 : 1. Is it possible to change title position of photo? I have tried to put a different photo on the title of slideshow, but it keeps reverting back to old photo. The new photo appea

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.