Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview app showing PDF background too dark.

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (Build 11G63)

Using Preview version 5.5.3 (719.31)

As you can see in the attached screenshot (just one example) the PDFs which have background images seem to come out too dark when I show them in Preview as opposed to how they appear in other PDF readers (Google Chrome is shown). The issue is not just on the screen; when I print the PDF from Preview it comes out as shown on the screen, as opposed to using Chrome's built-in PDF reader which prints it as shown. I have tried to "print" the PDF from Chrome to a PDF and then open it in Preview, however that still has the dark background. Any idea what could be causing this issue or why Preview is handling the background of the PDF so differently from Acrobat Reader and Chrome?

Thanks!

User uploaded file

PS. Couldn't find a "Preview" community to post to, so if there is a better place for this than "Mac OS X v10.7 Lion" feel free to let me have it know.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 6:47 AM

There are no replies.

Preview app showing PDF background too dark.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.