Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about Mac Mini Server OS

I'm new to the mac world. I recently purchased a mac mini server from ebay that is on its way here now. I noticed the OS listed was 10.9 mavericks server. Is the server OS different than the Mavericks desktop OS? I am planning on using this machine for Log Pro X and probably not too much more. Can I run that on the server OS? If not can I just install the Mavericks desktop OS instead?

Sorry I'm new to all this!

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 5:31 AM

7 replies

Jul 14, 2014 9:01 AM in response to spacerobot

It used to be that the Mac Server OS was different to the normal one, now the only difference is the installation of Server.app to make it a 'server'.

As you appear to be be buying it secondhand via eBay be warned, if the Server.app is registered to someone else's App Store account you will not be able to redownload it and may also have difficulty getting updates for it. This should not be regarded as a disaster though as it is very cheap to buy.

You should backup the Server.app program before doing anything else.

Question about Mac Mini Server OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.