Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore Backup- Lost 500 pictures/did not restore messages

Help!

I was trying to retrieve old text messages, so I did a Restore Backup. Everything went ok & when my iphone 5c turned back on, it loaded only a few old messages and deleted over 500 photos.

Is there a way to get back those photos & to actually retrieve old text messages?

Thank You!!!

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 7:03 AM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 7:09 AM in response to JodiB123

A restore of a backup overwrites everything on the phone. If you didn't have a backup of the photos and texts they are gone forever. Hopefully you had enabled automatic backup to your computer or iCloud when you were prompted to when you first set it up. If you did then you can restore the phone again using the most recent backup.

BTW, it's a bad idea to keep that many photos in the Camera Roll, rather than copying them to your computer as you would with any other digital camera. For the reason you have just encountered, but also because it slows down the camera app. See: iOS: Import personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

Restore Backup- Lost 500 pictures/did not restore messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.