Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 wont turn on and my sleep wake button isnt working.

So a couple of weeks ago, my iphone 5's sleep/wake button decided to not work completely but which is fine because i enabled the touch assist to replace it for the mean while (i've started to get used to it) and on top of that, a couple of months ago, i decided it was a good idea to clean my charging port with my keys (yes i know big no no) and it messed up one of my charging pins, but i can only charge it on one side of the lightning cable.

So this morning, my iphone decided to not turn on completely and i know one of the methods is by using the sleep/wake button.. So my question is, how do i turn on this phone besides the sleep wake button?

**NOTE** my phone isnt eligible for the replacement program and for me to fix my sleep/wake is 60$ CAD

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 7:24 AM

4 replies

Jul 14, 2014 8:45 PM in response to rcperez

DFU mode requires a working Sleep/Wake Button and Home Button. Based on the information you provided, it sounds like the damage was more severe than you originally thought. Meaning your lighting port may not be capable of charging anymore. The phone is designed to power on at the first sign of charging. Now if the batteries reserve storage of 5% is depleted then you will have to leave it on the charger at least 30 minutes. I recommend trying 30 minutes on both sides of the cable just to rule out that possibility. Good luck.

iphone 5 wont turn on and my sleep wake button isnt working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.