Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on my iMac except alert tones

I can't seem to hear anything on my iMac except alert tones. I was able to hear music and watch videos up until a few minutes ago. Now all I can hear are the alert tones. Nothing from iTunes or the web.

Has anyone had this problem before?

I recently upgraded my operating system on 9 July 2014 and have only just recently used the system again (this evening). I have upgraded iTunes in the hope that was a problem but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 7:01 AM

2 replies

Jul 18, 2014 9:41 PM in response to Philbydeez

HI Philbydeez, I just had the same thing happen too, so I check external bose speakeers , all connections good, I was trying to play some music from you tube, no sound.. so I tried iTunes and then I had sound, went back to try you tube again and no sound.. so weird and I don't have an answer for you but I'm puzzled as to why I have sound from itunes but not the internet. I will follow you problem, perhaps someone can help us both.

Pippip

No sound on my iMac except alert tones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.