Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accept/Delete ability for calendar invitations missing from Mountain Lion Mail

Hi,

My Macbook is running Mountain Lion 10.8.5. I have run my work Exchange account in (desktop) Apple Mail for years. I used to accept all my work Calendar invitations by clicking the Accept or Delete button in the email notification.

Now, the invitation still arrives but there are no buttons -- I have to open Calendar on my Macbook or use my phone to accept them. The .ics file does show up as an attachment i can click through to accept in my phone mail, but not in my desktop mail. It's almost like the invitation is plain-text, but I haven't disabled HTML rendering.

I've blown away my Cal preferences file, checked all my settings in Mail, and they all look correct for being able to see everything. Calendar and Mail are working normally otherwise.

I am in Mail all day, and having to read an invitation, open another app or pick up my phone, and click around to accept is pretty much a waste of time when those buttons used to be there. Any idea why they are no longer there? Am i just missing something totally obvious?

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 8:14 AM

There are no replies.

Accept/Delete ability for calendar invitations missing from Mountain Lion Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.