Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Network - Iphone 5s grabs IP address, but doesn't complete connection

New iphone 5s activated Friday... Having issue connecting to Actiontec NV2200 wireless router.

I have connected to other networks successfully.

Other devices can connect to this network.

Reset network in iphone 5s.

Reset modem.

No security on network, opened it up to see if that was issue.

Network is discovered and phone attempts to connect. I look in settings and phone grabs IP address from

modem, however will not grab any other information (gateway address).

Phone seems to be stuck in pending trying to connect to network (I have the spinning icon).

Thoughts? It would seem to be something in the modem since the phone works elsewhere, but I have no idea where to look. My iphone 4 connected to this

network without issue.

Just a separate comment...

Also any comments on the strength of the antenna in the 5s? my iphone 4 seemed to get better reception of wi-fi.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 7:55 AM

10 replies

Jul 14, 2014 11:38 AM in response to Damorr

Your modem is most likely handing out a 192.168.(0 or 1).n address. The 169.xxx.xxx.xxx could be anybody's.

Have someone else try to connect to your wireless. If they are successful you may be able to rule out your router. However you need to make certain that you do not have any blacklist mac addresses in your router. Way to make certain is to go into the configuration and check or just reset your router back to factory settings. Once you do that go into settings on your phone and reset all the network connections. Then try and connect.

Jul 14, 2014 11:42 AM in response to Damorr

Yes, that means your iPhone is not getting its IP address from the router. Oddly enough I just ran into this with a laptop yesterday that couldn't connect to my new router and was showing the same symptoms, which was corrected by an updated driver to the wireless card. I know that has nothing to do with this situation, but I think raymond73 has given good advice and it's definitely worth a try.

Wifi Network - Iphone 5s grabs IP address, but doesn't complete connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.