Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone5 calendar issue

I have an iPhone 5 that is running iOS 7.1.1. Ever since I updated, I have had nothing but problems with my calendar app. Whenever I receive a calendar invitation, it always ends up changing the invitation time by 4 hours. For example, I received a calendar invite for 3:00 p.m. When I opened the email and downloaded the date/time to my calendar, I can watch the time change on the email attachment. Then when I open the calendar, the appointment has been changed from 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 a.m. I have adjusting the Time Zone Support as well as the time/date on my phone. Nothing seems to solve this problem. Additionally, I have had calendar entries just disappear from my calendar. Both of these situations are extremely frustrating. I would appreciate any help in getting this fixed.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 7:56 AM

2 replies

Jul 14, 2014 8:06 AM in response to kmckilli

They are two unrelated problems. The time-shifting is some setting that isn't right in time zone settings, or the invitations have incorrect time zones set. Are the invitations from MS Exchange, iCloud, or some other calendar server?

When do entries disappear? If it is only entries from the past that is a setting either on the server, on another client that accesses the calendar, or in the Settings/mail, contacts, calendars section on the phone. If you are losing future events that's a different problem altogether that requires more analysis.

iPhone5 calendar issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.