Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting Problem with my Mac Book Pro

I have a 13" Apple mac book pro which i bought on 25th December 2011. I got a Harddisk problem 11 months before (August 2013) when my mac was out of warrenty period, i spent 18000 (16000 for harddisk and 2000 service charges) to fix a new harddisk. When i visited apple service center they offered me apple harddisk for 16000 with 1 month warrenty and other company harddisk for approx. 12000 with 3 month warrenty, But then too i purchased Genuine Apple harddisk because i thought i wont get the same problem again. But now i am facing the same harddisk problem again, its the worst experience of mine using a apple product in which the harddisk is getting corrupted again and again without any reason. Is apple making this type of useless products? I have used a DELL laptop for three years without a single problem. Apple is so much expensive and not even satisfying their customers.

This is not what i have always heard about Apple.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 8:39 AM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 8:48 AM in response to sandeep2006

First off, repeated problems with the same computer changing components usually indicate a problem with the computer, not the components swapped (i.e. your hard drive swap).

Secondly, one of the key things that can be problematic is poor electric connections. This can cause issues up and down the computer, including failing computers.

Third, with notebooks, many people think they can just travel around with them while leaving them on.

Fourth, had you bought AppleCare, the machine would still be under warranty. You had until the machine was one year old to get AppleCare.

Lastly, Dell has a much higher rate of dead on arrival drives than Apple. You just happened to be unlucky in that regard. Drives fail, backing up is essential for all computer users.

You might enquire if you can speak to customer relations so you can have your SATA bus examined for issues. Customer Relations is available by asking for it when you connect to AppleCare:

http://www.apple.com/contact/phone_contacts.html

Getting Problem with my Mac Book Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.