Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a bug walking in my screen!!!!!!

hey. I have two bugs walking around in my screen!! What can I do to stop them . I have a reals important job to do and I cant concentrate with those things walking around. And I donut have time to take my iMac to the Apple Store?

Any suggestions??

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 8:18 AM

22 replies

Jul 14, 2014 2:11 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

I have a iMac 27" All in One.

This was the first Apple Product that and having a bug inside the computer is unacceptable! Like really!

Those computers are so expensive and when we give so much money we expect TOP QUALITY. And what I get? A bug walking around the screen!

i´m really thinking about selling this one and buy a Windows Computer again.... at least zoo don´t have bugs in their screens...................................

Jul 14, 2014 5:02 PM in response to petya_petya

I have a hard time believing that a bug could get in between the layers on a modern iMac screen, where it would be visible. I could be off-base on that, of course, as I'm not an engineer. However, are these real bugs, or is someone playing a prank on you by installing software that is drawing bugs on the screen? If you're not sure, try taking a screenshot. Press command-shift-3, then open the screenshot file found on your desktop... does the bug show up as a static image in the screenshot?

Jul 14, 2014 8:48 AM in response to Skydiver119

I believe petya means the bug is on the opposite side of the panel. I had that happen once on a LaCie LCD monitor some years ago. It had crawled in through a heat vent at the top or bottom and couldn't find its way back out. I could watch it walk around the viewing area, but short of taking the monitor apart, I couldn't remove it. For a few days, this little bug walked around the inside of the panel. Eventually, it croaked and I presume, fell to the bottom inside of the monitor.

Jul 14, 2014 9:00 AM in response to petya_petya

p_p

I am going to guess you have one of the candy colored all-in-one CRT (tube-type monitor) encased in a plastic case - and that bug(s) have gotten inside the case between the CRT and the clear plastic part of the case??. (skydiver?)

EDIT

User uploaded file

Can't remember nor tell from the image whether

there is plastic in front of the CRT glass. 😕

Not being an service-person nor an exterminator, I cannot advise - perhaps someone could point you to the appropriate dis-assembly instructions if you would state your exact model of Vintage iMac - or maybe a DIY exterminator might offer a non-invasive method for poisoning the critters 👿

CCC

Jul 14, 2014 9:56 AM in response to petya_petya

petya_petya wrote:

hey. I have two bugs walking around in my screen!! What can I do to stop them . I have a reals important job to do and I cant concentrate with those things walking around. And I donut have time to take my iMac to the Apple Store?

Any suggestions??

Well, since you do not have time to take it to an Apple Store you probably don't have time to disassemble your machine either. So you'll just have to suck it up and deal with the distraction. What kind of solution were you expecting to hear anyway?

<Edited By Host>

Jul 14, 2014 2:23 PM in response to petya_petya

petya_petya wrote:

I have a iMac 27" All in One.

This was the first Apple Product that and having a bug inside the computer is unacceptable! Like really!

Those computers are so expensive and when we give so much money we expect TOP QUALITY. And what I get? A bug walking around the screen!

i´m really thinking about selling this one and buy a Windows Computer again.... at least zoo don´t have bugs in their screens...................................

Seriously, You are blaming Apple because you have a bug that crawled inside your computer? That's like blaming your car manufacturer because bugs keep slamming into your windshield!

If you really think that then I agree with you completely, get a Windows box.

I have a bug walking in my screen!!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.