Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stymied over Storage

I am confused. Apparently I am about out of storage space. . I have lots of space in the cloud, but I can't figure out how yo use it. How do I increase storage for my IPad and how do I access the cloud storage? I appreciate any and all help...DC

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 8:34 AM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 8:50 AM in response to Dr Caliban

iCloud storage is for backups only. You cannot upload content to iCloud in order to save space on the device. You can delete content on the iPad and download it again later for free as long as you use the same Apple ID and as long as the content is still available in the store. You will have to delete content from the device itself.

Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Show all apps. You can see what apps are taking up the most space and you can delete content in there if you like. It you use iTunes, and I assume that you don't or you wouldn't be in this situation, you can sync deleted content back to the iPad at a later point in time as well.

You can download most of your paid content for free when you are ready to use it again, but there are some caveats. Read this for more information.

Download past purchases

Stymied over Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.