Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages stopped editing my document

I am not an expert Pages user, but I am fairly practiced at using it. Today, for no reason, Pages is no longer editing my documents. I go to delete an image or text box and it refuses. I try to edit a line and it does nothing. I shut it down and started all over again in a new document. Twice. I continue to have the same issue and am about to go mad.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 8:27 AM

5 replies

Jul 15, 2014 11:44 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Sorry. First time ever posting. I have a brand-new Mac desktop. Maybe a month old.

OSX 10.9.4

pages 5.2

No messages pop up. I am having issues with simply delete a text box or image. When copying and pasting it does nothing. I am unable to select a line and drag it to a different location or manually change the location in the x and y boxes.

Thanks

Jul 15, 2014 1:45 PM in response to lv's username

When you click on the Textboxes or Images, do you see the outline and white handles? Or crosses on the corners?

Are these your objects that you have inserted? Or are they in templates, if so which?

Are these by any chance Word documents that you have opened in Pages?

Possibilities are they are inline in the text and therefore anchored, or grouped, or locked or under something else, or Master Objects.

Peter

Jul 16, 2014 11:36 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Outline with white squares.

My objects that I insert, whether from an outside source or from the "shape" category.

They are brand-new documents I have started in pages. No templates.

I have always switched text wrap to "none" to assure that I can place my multiple text boxes near each other. None of the objects have been grouped to my knowledge as I have utilized this function before.

Also using "command + Z" or selecting "undo" will not undo my past actions.

pages stopped editing my document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.