Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to enforce correct "Build In" order of a series of images?

Hi,

I've done this before, with only four bullet points and four images. But for some reason in this case, with 10 bullet points linked to 10 images, what happens is this: the first two images behave correctly, i.e. the second image duly flips and lands on top of the first one, so that it can be seen. But the third one flips "behind" the first two and so is not visible at all. I've tried putting the last image in first and carefully making sure that each image that precedes it is one layer above the previous one - using the "Forward" button.

Can anybody help me see why this is not working - afte the first two pairs, that is?

PS !'m using Keynote '09 version 5.3 (1170) [and have no intention of using the "new" version of this, nor Numbers, nor Pages!]

Many thanks, Giorni.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 11:03 AM

I have a presentation with 15 images and accompanying text which works correctly. I can reorder and select which layer the images appear without issue.

I would guess that you are not setting the correct layer for the third image.

What to try is move the images in an overlapping stack and watch how they move up and down the stack as you use the forward and backward button.

Once in the correct layer, re-position to the correct position.

shape 3 is in the wrong layer: shape 3 in the correct layer:

User uploaded file User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2014 11:03 AM in response to giorni

I have a presentation with 15 images and accompanying text which works correctly. I can reorder and select which layer the images appear without issue.

I would guess that you are not setting the correct layer for the third image.

What to try is move the images in an overlapping stack and watch how they move up and down the stack as you use the forward and backward button.

Once in the correct layer, re-position to the correct position.

shape 3 is in the wrong layer: shape 3 in the correct layer:

User uploaded file User uploaded file

how to enforce correct "Build In" order of a series of images?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.