Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My display screen on my iphone 5 pops out + safety issue.

I've pre-ordered my iPhone 5 in Australia and have been using it since.

Until recently, I've noticed that the left side of the display pops outs, and the screen shows bend marks when attempting to push it back(which it pops back out).

Additionally, when I'm charging it or its connected to my laptop, I'll sometimes get electrocuted as I grip it in my hands.

I wish to send it in for repair, despite its warranty has expired a while ago.

HOWEVER, my problem is that I'm living in Taiwan right now, and I won't be returning to Australia.

I've contacted the Apple Store in Taiwan and they told me there's nothing that they can do for me because my iPhone's not from Taiwan. They advised me to contact Apple Store in Australia, and here I am.......

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 8:35 AM

5 replies

Jul 14, 2014 8:57 AM in response to LeFluffy

Apple in Taiwan are correct the warranty is NOT international and never ever has been on iPhones

You can only get warranty and post warranty service in the Country of original purchase

The iPhone would have to be returned to Apple in Australia in person .Apple do not accept international mail in anywhere in the world

Jul 27, 2014 11:28 PM in response to wegras

Unless Australia's Apple store is paying for my flight, I don't see how this is acceptable. It's their product's safety that puts me at risk whenever I make a phone call. This phone has not been dropped in liquid, hard surface, nor has it been in environments that may cause deformation. I do not want Apple to give me a new phone or anything, I even told Apple Store Taiwan again that I'm willing to pay the repair cost (since my warranty is gone). Just because my phone is Australian, they refuse to point me in ANY direction other than Australia.

My display screen on my iphone 5 pops out + safety issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.