Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't add additional email to imessage

I just purchased an Ipod 5 for my daughter. I set it up using my Apple ID so I could better manage her usage. I would like to set up her email address to use in Imessage and face time. Every time I try to add her email it says verifying but we never get a verification email. Currently it is defaulting to my email. I never had this problem on her old Ipod only this one. The software is current. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies

Dec 10, 2014 10:16 AM in response to bradosb

I don't know if that is the case here, but it seems like you cannot add an additional email address if it is already in use with an Apple ID - so in case your daughter uses her address with her Apple ID, that is why you never get a verification email. I had the same problem and after a long time I stumbled across this. Why one cannot simply receive an error message informing about this, is beyond me. Would simplify things a lot. Or, alternately, Apple could add that info when you try to add a new address. Details.

can't add additional email to imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.