Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my microsoft word won't open anymore in macbook pro with latest OSX

I had installed OSX latest version some months ago and there was no problem with opening all documents in words.

Just today I can open the word document but stalled and could not edit as there is a rolling icon (processing) appeared.

I did remove the word program by using my MacKeeper software remove installed program.

Then I insert the Microsoft Office 2011 original CD to reinstall the microsoft office again.

Before the crash and after the reinstallation both My Excel and Powerpoint are doing ok .. can

be opened and used to edit ppt and xls documents.

Before the word program removed .. when I opened the word document just appeared

"opening normal dot" message. This had never happened before the stalled opened

word document.

I did also restart the macbook pro (version 2011 manufacturing date) but now my word

even can not be opened with error reporting message as follows:

"Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0

Error Signature:

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS

Date/Time: 2014-07-14 16:15:42 +0000

Application Name: Microsoft Word

Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word

Application Signature: MSWD

Application Version: 14.0.0.100825

Crashed Module Name: unknown

Crashed Module Version: unknown

Crashed Module Offset: unknown

Blame Module Name: unknown

Blame Module Version: unknown

Blame Module Offset: unknown

Application LCID: 1033

Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0409

Crashed thread: 0"

what am I supposed to do to ? I try to googling the topic but can not find the exact similar incident in google search

results. Is this some kind of a virus attack ? Does anyone can recommend any solutions that work?

Thankyou so much for your sharing and suggestions.

Leks

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 11:17 AM

I can't answer your question, other than to say that Microsoft Office 2011 should be compatible with the latest version of Mac OS X, and that this is not remotely related to a virus or any other kind of malware.

Since the problem is only affecting Microsoft Office, you're probably better off asking on the Office for Mac forums.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2014 11:17 AM in response to Leksana Th

I can't answer your question, other than to say that Microsoft Office 2011 should be compatible with the latest version of Mac OS X, and that this is not remotely related to a virus or any other kind of malware.

Since the problem is only affecting Microsoft Office, you're probably better off asking on the Office for Mac forums.

Jul 14, 2014 3:03 PM in response to Leksana Th

I am running Word for Mac v 14.2.0 quite happily on my iMac 27" running Maverick 10.9.4.

Possibly it is due to issues with your Retina screen? The obvious first step is to update Word to the latest version.

Virus attacks are not the first guess on a Mac. I have never ever had one nor even been able to locate any malware for well over a decade. Word can harbour Macro viruses but I thought that the Mac version of Word didn't do macros.

Either way this is not the place to get your answers. Pages is not Word. Use Microsft's support forums for their software.

Peter

my microsoft word won't open anymore in macbook pro with latest OSX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.