Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts to iMessage

Okay, I got my iMessage set up on my computer and I am receiving text/iMessages from my phone just fine, but how do I sync my contacts to my iMessaging? I hope that made sense..

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 9:47 AM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 1:12 PM in response to jvohler

Hi,

Basically the Mac Version uses an Apple ID to "register" for iMessages.

The iPhone initially uses it's iPhone number when you enable the Messages app on the iPhone.

Once you have got to this stage you can send an iMessages from the iPhone to the Mac Version by iMessaging the Apple ID.

When that is working (including a return message) then you can Add the Apple ID to the iPhone as a Alternative Send and Receive ID.

If at this point you restart the Mac version it will get some pop ups saying that the iPhone is Using the iPhone Number and the Apple ID.

On accepting these pop ups the iPhone number will also be added as a "Receive At" option on the mac version and a drop down to Select the "Start Conversations from" will appear at the bottom of the pane.

From this point On iMessages sent to the iPhone (Number) will "Sync" (display on all devices") on the Mac version and vice versa.

User uploaded file

9:12 pm Monday; July 14, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Contacts to iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.