Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.3.0.54 Not Responding

I installed iTunes 11.3.0.54 last night on my Windows 7 machine.

iTunes is not responsive on start up. I have given it up to half an hour to respond, but it still

• does not refresh the display,
  • does not respond to clicks,
  • shows as "Not Responding" in Windows Task Manager

The cursor shows as the hourglass. If I start in Safe Mode, I get the same issue, but have the arrow cursor instead of the hourglass.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 10:16 AM

20 replies

Jul 14, 2014 7:53 PM in response to kent j. s.

Atualizei o iTunes ontem, 13/07/14 para a versão 11.3, e hoje fui fazer a sincronização, mas não deu certo.

Não aparece na barra o nome 'iPhone'.

Fiz o que o ScottEdwards disse, mas continua na mesma.

Percebi que várias pessoas estão com o mesmo problema que eu.

Será que vamos ter que esperar a próxima versão?!

Se alguém souber português ou espanhol, e puder me ajudar eu agradeceria muito.

Jul 18, 2014 1:12 PM in response to MikeOM

Ok so I sort of solved the issue. I uninstalled Itunes and downloaded the previous version from the web. I then started it in safe mode. It seems to be freezing when it automatically updates podcasts. I moved to the music library and then went to the itunes store. After that I went back to my library and then to podcasts. I was able to download all my podcasts and update my ipod. Of course it might freeze tomorrow so who knows.

Jul 20, 2014 11:38 AM in response to kent j. s.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

You could also try working through

TS1717: iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

tt2

Jul 20, 2014 5:42 PM in response to turingtest2

I have the similar problem of Kent since updating i Tunes last week. When opened iT, blue circling sing would not stop and

not action was available other than forcibly shutting down iT by task manager

Therefore, I have tried remove-everything method as above mentioned, and saw some improvements.

At least the annoying circling sing disappeared. Now I can use music part.

However, still problem remains for Podcast part.

Podcast cannot be refreshed. There is no response to my clicking.

Anyway thanks to your suggestion, I see improvement by one step.

Jul 21, 2014 7:52 AM in response to Masuhiro

http://www.vshoucang.com/mycollect.php?vt=2

-原始邮件-

发件人:"Apple Support Communities Update"

发送时间:2014年7月21日 星期一 上午8:42

收件人:"wang94518"

主题:[iTunes for Windows] - iTunes 11.3.0.54 Not Responding[d1fvm3-6czdq-fobtw]

New discussion activity

Masuhirohas posted in the iTunes for Windows community.

I have the similar problem of Kent since updating i Tunes last week. When opened iT, blue circling sing would not stop and

not action was available other than forcibly shutting down iT by task manager

Therefore, I have tried remove-everything method asabove mentioned, and saw some improvements.

At least the annoying circling sing disappeared. Now I can use music part.

However, still problem remains for Podcast part.

Podcast cannot be refreshed. There is no response to my clicking.

Anyway thanks to your suggestion, I see improvement by one step.

To post a reply,go to the discussionin Apple Support Communities.

You are receiving this email from Apple Support Communities. You can change your email preferences in yourApple Support Communities Profile.

TM and copyright � 2014 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 96-DM. Cupertino, CA 95014.

All Rights Reserved|Privacy Policy|Terms of Use|Apple Support

<Email Edited by Host>

Jul 20, 2014 9:06 PM in response to kent j. s.

I am running into the same issue. I think it is dependent on the number podcast that are included in iTunes. I have a quite a few podcasts.

I installed the same software my other computer that has just a few podcasts and it works just fine.

Something has change with the current version that is preventing it from responding. I do notice that it is doing something, it is just doing it very slowly.

Hopefully, Apple will address this issue soon.

Dean

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.