Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem after update 11.3.0.54 installed

Using Windows 8.1, I downloaded an itunes update on July 12th 2014. Version 11.3.0.54

It was taking sometime to install and then it must have hung. I clicked on the update bar and then it showed it to be not responding.

At the same time the itunes desktop shortcut disappeared from the screen and when I clicked to close the update (no other choice) the icon reappeared.

Not sure of what else to check, I opened itunes as normal to begin updating podcasts.

The auto update on one of my expected podcasts did not begin so I refreshed the podcasts and it started but the progress bar wasn't moving and it seemed to be trying to start. Then I got a network time out error (sorry I can't remember the exact wording)

I went into the download arrow (top right of itunes screen) and saw it had zero of ___mb against the podcast.

I paused it then released the pause and it started downloading in the expected time - 30secs.

Other podcast and app updates worked without having to pause and release the download but I got the network time out error every few times it every few times

When I tried to install the free facebook messenger app, it definately timed out and I have to pause and release it via the download arrow in itunes.

Even trying to go into the itunes store the progress bar would hang during opening and then take a while to load.

My wifi was fine and I had no problem browsing the web.

I can't determine if its because of the update 11.3.0.54 hanging or the wifi connection.

I opened itunes the next day and got the network error a few times when I went into the itunes store.

I ran a network check via itunes and all the 3 lights were green but under the results I noticed under the firewall information the following :

Windows Firewall is on

itunes is Not enabled in windows firewall.

I don't know if that is correct of could be what causing these adhoc time outs ?

Is there anything else I can check or do to stop this occurring or is it an issue with the updated 11.3.0.54 ?

Not sure if this is connected but through the cloud my ipod touch 3/4th gen (not sure which) had facebook messenger installing on it but it had hung close to the end of the progress bar. Nothing happened so I deleted the app from the ipod. I then checked and messenger works for IOS 7 and the ipod I have is running IOS 6.1 so I don't know why it didn't prompt to not download this becuase the ios is not as new ?

Could this be connected because the same wifi network was being used for the PC itunes update and the ipod ?

Lastly (This morning July 15th) there were two app updates waiting on the ipod touch (twitter and candy crush) so I selected to update (one at a time)

The progress bar appeared and it showed installing greyed out but there was no progress or update happening.

Then a message about can't connect to itunes appeared.

I tried the app update on my iphone 5 (using the 5ghz channel on the wifi) and not the 2.4ghz that the ipod touch was using and the two apps updated quickly.

I went back to the ipod touch and selected update again for the first app and it updated as expected and so did the second app.

I can't believe there is an issue with the wifi I am using but at the same time the update 11.3.0.54 can not have any relevance to the ipod touch update.

Please help

Thanks

Angie2601

Posted on Jul 15, 2014 3:43 AM

10 replies

Jul 22, 2014 3:24 PM in response to AntthenAng

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it, which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Problem after update 11.3.0.54 installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.