Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Text message scam?

I received a text message from apple-itunes-purchase-confirmation@aps3.org thanking me for my purchase and wanted me to click the link sent w/ the text to confirm my purchase. I made no purchase. I clicked the link and it says if I didn't make this purchase to enter in my info to cancel the purchase. The webpage has all the apple icons and small print. Is this legit? I made no purchase! This is weird.

Posted on Jul 15, 2014 8:53 AM

7 replies

Jul 15, 2014 9:01 AM in response to jmcdermeit

It's a phishing attempt to try and get your account and payment details.

You can via your account's purchase history via your computer's iTunes : log into your account on your computer's iTunes via the Store > View Account menu option, you should then see a Purchase History section with a 'see all' link to the right of it. Click on that and you should then see a list of your purchases (the most recent purchase is above the list).

If you don't have access to a computer's iTunes then you can view your last 90 days purchases via http://reportaproblem.apple.com (the site optionally allows you to contact iTunes Support if you have a problem with a purchase).

If it's an email that you received then you could forward it to Apple, or if it's a text copy it into an email : reportphishing@apple.com

Aug 4, 2014 11:18 AM in response to jmcdermeit

Just today I received a similar text from confirmation.apple-store-support.com@nfs.com. I knew I had not made any purchases and all of my apple purchase are confirmed via email receipt so I assumed it was a scam and did not click on the link. I have reported this to Apple as advised by King_Penguin. Did you ever get a response from Apple? I'm quite bothered that they have my phone number and am wondering if it is a cell phone provider issue as opposed to an Apple issue? Ive had my iTunes account much, much longer than I've had an iPhone.

Apple Text message scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.