Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i limit mail to receive just the newest 20 emails

on my host email account, I keep hundreds of read and unread emails. how do I keep them all from loading on my iphone 4s? well actually, just the most recent 150 emails load to my phone - way to many.

Posted on Jul 15, 2014 9:02 AM

4 replies

Jul 18, 2014 5:53 AM in response to fts101

in iOS 6, I could limit the number of old messages retrieved. go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Show...and set the limit.

it seems like I set it to 500, then all that was retrieved was the current day. that worked well. all I want on my phone is the current day.

if I wanted to look at older emails I did it at my desktop computer.

that functionality "Show" limit was lost when I updated to the iOS 7 series.

anybody know if that "Show" feature was really removed in IOS 7 or just moved somewhere else?

Apr 15, 2015 5:55 PM in response to fts101

I just ran into this too. Ridiculous oversight and even more ridiculous that they have refused to add the limit back in after all these complaints and over 3 major releases and however many dot releases. Clearly they are doing this to get your iCloud storage to go up. Make sure you don't back up your email to iCloud. That's what you email server is already there for. Unless of course you want to duplicate your email on servers twice (that already have their own redundancy built in anyway...).

how do i limit mail to receive just the newest 20 emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.