Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update 11.3 installation not working.

i am trying to download version 11.3.0 because without it i cannot connect my iphone to itunes. so i go to www.itunes.com and download. it runs then i click install, this is where the problem is. so it starts downloading but with no progress. on the staus it says proccessing additional packages. I left my computer running for several hours i would say 5 to 7 hours. no progress occurs, and i really want to conect my iphone to itunes. PLEASE HELP I TRIED EVERYTHING.

Posted on Jul 15, 2014 12:40 PM

27 replies

Jul 18, 2014 8:08 AM in response to ozzydagreat

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it, which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

See also the Further Information area of user tip for download advice and direct links if required. It may be best to make sure you get a clean copy of the installer.

tt2

Jul 19, 2014 1:43 PM in response to Zambomba

Zambomba wrote:

I kept on replying on this thread because the ones I opened before were ignored.

I can't read all of them! 😝

So iTunes works. iTunes sees the classic. Is the classic in automatic sync or manual management mode? Have you done either of a full tear down and reinstall of iTunes or attempted to restore the iPod yet? Any error messages at all or does it just sit there doing nothing? How long have you left it to see if it will start?

tt2

Jul 20, 2014 10:08 AM in response to turingtest2

turingtest2 wrote:

I can't read all of them! 😝

Sorry.

I couldn't imagine there was just one person in charge of all this forum.

To your questions: I have the manual management sync, I have torn the whole thing and reinstalled with 11.2.3 and now with this 11.3. I have looked for updates on the software of the Ipod. There are no error messages, it just does nothing but to recognize the device...I have waited up to 30 minutes maybe and nothing has happened while I was watching a show.

I have not restored the Ipod because I'm afraid to be without any music at all for god knows how long.

I was counting on the new update - as it happened a few months ago when I had the same issue.

Jul 20, 2014 12:39 PM in response to Zambomba

Looking on my computer Apple Mobile Service and Bonjour Service are both set to automatic startup. iPod service is set to manual. iPod Service is probably the one involved in syncing your iPod although iTunes might hang if either of the others are not running when it expects them to be. Try starting all three and then see if iTunes can update the iPod.

tt2

Jul 20, 2014 12:54 PM in response to Zambomba

Hmm, all three of those services should be installed if iTunes is installed properly. You could try repairing each of the following in the programs and features control panel.

• Apple Application Support
  • Apple Mobile Device Support
  • Bonjour
  • iTunes

Or you can go back to the second box of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates and try again

tt2

update 11.3 installation not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.